The Lory is a new multi-functional rope control device which provides a one stop solution to many challenges when working at height. It is suitable for use when :
- Work positioning and work restraint
- Releasable pulley systems
- Rated for a two person load
The functionality includes the following :
- Handles a much wider range of rope diameters than other similar device – from 9mm to 11.4mm – thereby providing versatility allowing one to use the right rope for the job
- If the release handle is pulled too hard the unit locks; making it almost impossible to drop someone while lowering them. The unit only lowers if the handle is kept in a mid range position – which also makes abseiling much safer.
- The cam can be pushed into a “locked” position at any stage, which enables the user to easily lock it in position for work positioning or work restraint purposes.
- Cam rotation impediment aids in feeding rope to the lead climber.
- By pulling the handle the cam gradually releases the rope.
- By pulling the working end of the rope the cam engages and jams the rope.
- If the handle is pulled down to its terminal position the double-stop function is triggered which blocks the rope again.
- To resume descending, return the handle in closed position and restart the process.
- The unit can be pre-loaded & then locked with a maillon – which makes it very suitable for inclusion in emergency evacuation kits – especially when the user is not that familiar with abseiling.
- For the industrial/ rescue operative, its certainly easier to use & more secure than a many popular alternatives out there – and lighter & more compact.
- The unit is approximately the same size as a PDA (large cell phone) and is made largely of steel (handle included) which serves to enhance its durability.
- Minimum Rated Load: 30 kg
- Maximum Rated Load is 180 kg
- Maximum Descent Distance: 190 m
- Single-person use: (59 kg to 141 kg)
- Maximum Descent Rate: 2 m/s ≈ 6.6 ft/s
- Maximum number of descents: 28
It meets the following European safety norms :
- CE 0123
- EN 15151; EN341 Class A; EN892