HiSafe Solutions Services Offered:
- Site Inspections / Survey & Needs Analysis
- Site Specific Risk Assessments & Fall Protection Planning
- Client Safety File / Site File & Documentation
- HiSafe Solutions Contact
1.Site Inspection/ Survey & Needs Analysis
A visit to the client site to investigate and from a first-hand perspective observe tasks being performed, allows our specialists to provide you with a Needs Analysis that details the current requirements as posed by legislation, measured against the client’s own internal protocols, and what needs to be implemented to conform to legislative requirements.
2.Site Specific Risk Assessments & Fall Protection Planning
A risk assessment is a systematic examination of a task, job or process that you carry out at work for the purpose of; Identifying the significant hazards that are present (a hazard is something that has the potential to cause someone harm or ill health).
The Site Specific Risk Assessment aims to identify the on-site hazards and risks workers are exposed to, and to provide suggested controls to mitigate identified risks thereby ensure that employees are made aware of dangers. A hazard analysis is used as the first step in a process used to assess risk. The result of a hazard analysis is the identification of different type of hazards.
Stemming from the site survey and needs analysis, a site specific baseline risk assessment will identify specific areas where workers perform other jobs or tasks that may have to be assessed individually. Through the documentation of an issue or task based risk assessments, it may be recognized that employees are exposed to certain risks and that may require them to perform tasks at height.
A site specific fall protection plan is documented that provides the client with a risk assessment pertaining to the work done at height as well as all required written safe working procedures. The documented risk assessment and fall protection plan also provides the client with suggested controls to mitigate the hazards / risks that employees are exposed to. These mitigation controls includes:
• Task specific training requirements,
• Written safe work procedures,
• P.P.E. & Equipment requirements,
• Engineered controls that may need to be installed (fixed installed systems / structures),
• Technical specification and standard conformance’s required for all suggested controls.
• Photos used for Step-By-Step visual presentation of safe working procedures that may be used for training and induction purposes.
3.Client Safety File / Site File & Documentation
As many OHS professionals working for larger companies knows, dealing with smaller sub-contractors can often be very stressful due to the shortcomings in light of their OHS requirements. One of the most basic requirements to be able to work on any client’s site, is the site or safety file and its documentation. This file is a legal requirement and an integral part and cornerstone of a safety management system that must be site specific and needs to be kept up to date and on site by the sub-contractor. With many years’ experience we will assist you or your sub-contracting companies to prepare, update and maintain their safety files. Some of the documents provided through this service includes:
- Company Specific Health & Safety Policy
- Company Specific Health & Safety Plan
- Company / Site Specific Environmental Management Plan
- Company / Site Specific Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Task Scope of Work
- Company Risk Assessment Policy
- Site Specific Baseline Risk Assessments
- Site Specific Issue Based Risk Assessments
- Planned Task Observations
- Site Specific Fall Protection Plans
- Incident Management & Investigation
- Legal Appointments
In partnership with accredited training providers we aim to provide HWSETA and Institute of Working at Heights accredited OHSE, working at heights and rope access training courses. Courses are specifically designed to address typical risks OHSE personnel must often deal with and are aligned to relevant unit standards.
The courses incorporate international standards and practices and are presented by certified and accredited facilitators with years’ experience. Registered and Accredited Assessors and Moderators assess all process outcomes.
Courses presented range from basic shop floor training aimed at the workforce, to highly technical, specialist modern risk assessment techniques and specialist courses for working at heights, height safety rescues and rope access. Product based training on purchased kits are also provided to teach individuals and employees using the kits the correct methods of applying and maintaining the systems.
5.HiSafe Solutions Contact
Risk Management solutions are provided through VSS partnership with HiSafe Solutions. Contact details are provided below: