The Lory is a new multifunctional rope control device which provides a one stop solution to many challenges when working at height. It is suitable for use when :
- Work positioning and work restraint
- Releasable pulley systems
- Rated for a two person load
The functionality includes the following :
- Handles a much wider range of rope diameters than other similar device – from 9mm – 11.4mm – thereby providing versatility allowing one to use the right rope for the job
- If the release handle is pulled too hard the unit locks; making it almost impossible to drop someone while lowering them. The unit only lowers if the handle is kept in a mid range position – which also makes abseiling much safer.
- The cam can be pushed into a “locked” position at any stage, which enables the user to easily lock it in position for work positioning or work restraint purposes.
- The unit can be pre-loaded & then locked with a maillon – which makes it very suitable for inclusiong in emergency evacuation kits – especially when the user is not that familier with abseiling.
- For the industrial/ rescue operative, its certainly easier to use & more secure than a many popular alternatives out there – and lighter & more compact.
- The unit is approximately the same size as a PDA (large cell phone) and is made largely of steel (handle included) which serves to enhance its durabilty.
It meets the following European safety norms :
- CE 0123
- prEN 15151; EN341 Class A; EN892